Friday, October 15, 2010

A Life In The Day of...Shona Hammon (Front of House Manager)

My alarm is nearly redundant because no matter what I always seem to wake up before it springs into action!  The danger is I then switch it off and go back to sleep which if not for my four legged alarm would result in me being an even worse time-keeper than I already am!

I resisted my husband and children’s  pleadings for 23 years before giving in and welcoming a golden Labrador to our family – Millie who I now see as more my dog than anyone else’s!

After dropping my daughter at the railway station for the early train to Newcastle college I head for the beach with the dog – this is my time and even in the depth of what has just been a bitterly cold winter I enjoy the fresh air, I always walk fast, much to the annoyance of shorter legged friends.

The beauty about my work is lots of the time it doesn’t feel like work – hey everyone’s dream job!!  I thrive on the difference every day, every week brings no two are the same and that’s what keeps things interesting. 

There’s no such thing as a typical day in my life, the one thing that is constant is they are all busy and there is never enough hours to achieve everything I set out to do. 

Sometimes I will be in Box Office all day which keeps me in touch with our customers and what they are buying and other times I rush into work around 6pm for the evening’s performance.  It is important to me and my team to remember that people come here to enjoy themselves.  When I finally head home I am usually too wide awake to go to bed so will usually catch up on some “trashy” TV – I love Brothers & Sisters, Desperate Housewives et al and relax with a glass or two of wine – did I mention I LOVE wine – dry white is my preference!  

No comments:

Post a Comment